background

Monday, September 3, 2012

Rennovation 1 - The Bathroom

Since our dream wedding on July 8th, 2012, we have been working non stop on our new home. I've finished three, almost four rooms at this point, and I'm have a blast painting and decorating! Since I've taken on this new hobby, I though I might as well blog about it! I hope you enjoy watching our house become a home!

I'm a sucker for anything vintage. When we were house hunting, I demanded to buy an old home. They have so much character and class that new homes don't have. I'd take an old home over a new home any day.  Although, a down side to having an older home is the style of living isn't the same then as it is now. For example, we have 2 bathrooms, both extremely tiny.  Obviously people back in the day didn't need  space or outlets to get ready?!

The upstairs bathroom has adorable black and white tile along the wall and floor. When we bought the house, the walls were lime green. It didn't look awful - but not my style.  This was the room before:
Really cute, but just a little too busy. I went with something much more refreshing. You can sort of see the lime green paint.


The flash makes the walls look more green than blue in some of the pictures. Here is what I have done:













I love love our bathroom. Although it's tiny, its really refreshing and super fun.  The aqua paint looks really great and cheery next to the black and white. :)

What colors do you like with black and white?

Hope you enjoyed the first peek into the Phelps place!
XOXO
Mrs. Phelps






No comments:

Post a Comment