background

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Birthday??

This week was CA-RAY-ZAY my friends. Too much is going on! This semester was supposed to "coast by". Well, there has been no coasting happening. Hurricanes and tsunamis, yes. Coasting, no. When they told me it'd be hard to plan a wedding this semester and try to graduate, I didn't believe it. Now, I do wholeheartedly.

Nathan's birthday was Saturday. Let's be honest, I'm TERRIBLE at remembering birthdays. I don't know why. It's a curse. If you've been my friend for over a year, you know this. I can name at least 5 people off the top of my head whose birthday I have forgotten. And its usually the people I'm closest to. It's a problem. :-/

It's not that I don't know they are approaching... it's that I think I have more time than I do.  I kept thinking his bday was a week further away than it was. Friday rolled around and it dawned on me that his birthday was THIS saturday, not next - AKA tomorrow. Panic. Shock. Guilt. I freaked out wondering what to get him. WAY to0 late to get something social together. Then I realized that I had planned on making him a scrap book (cheezey - judge me - don't care) for Christmas that I of course never got around to.

SOOO naturally I woke up at 8:30 Saturday morning, made him a birthday cake, and put as much of the scrapbook together that I could.

After baking, icing, and decorating his cake, I realized I should drop out of hygiene school and open a cake shop.

I was SO impressed with my innate cake decorating skills, I decided to do our wedding and groom's cake to save some $$$$$.



We had lunch together and I brought his presents in. He actually liked the scrapbook (not as much as he would've like a new watch) and thought it was sweet. We're trying to save on money right now so we said birthdays are nbd this year. Although the cake was embarrassing to claim, it was delicious.


 Here's the front cover of the scrapbook (our first date! (-:  )

 He was a great sport and was very appreciative and happy with his gifts. We spent a lot of quality time together and had a relaxing day. Isn't he so cute?! :) :)

I'm learning to plan ahead, slowing but surely. Whenever I graduate and get a big girl job, I'm going to overcompensate for my friend's bdays. I hope. Hooray for birthdays! 

5 comments:

  1. Mine is April 24th. Don't forget. (-: Love the dress you are wearing in the cover of your scrapbook. (-: What flavor was the cake you made? I think it would be hilariously awesome if you made the grooms cake. hahaha.

    Glad you are blogging more.

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol well you and harrison are 2 lucky ones. I've never forgotten yalls! :) Yeah, that dress is pretty freakin awesome! :) It was white cake with cream cheese and vanilla icing. haha yeah it would be hilarious no doubt if I made the cake.. people would be like, um what? haha!
    Yeah I've decided to blog once a week - every sunday. Nothing exciting happens during the week, so I can sum up the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this post again because I miss you. I love your baking skillz. :)

    P.S. Mine is coming up. Just to let ya know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I was just checking out new blogs and stumbled on yours and realized I knew you! Love the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This gave me a good laugh, Bekah!! I'm exactly like you when it comes to remembering birthdays--I know they're coming up, but always think they're farther away. Love the cake!!

    ReplyDelete