background

Friday, January 6, 2012

NYE and Wedding Dresses

Hello folks

 So I have a lot to catch up on! Well first I want to share about New Years Eve.  The six pack (Jena/Grahm, Molly/Jude, and Nathan/I) drove down to Dallas to celebrate New Years Eve together.  Unfortunately, I was battling a head cold along with 75% of Americans. Seemed like everyone had this cold! That definitely put a damper on things, but alas, we had a great time!

The drive down was a lot of fun and Molls and I got to catch up on so much stuff. Friday night we all just watched the OU game, pretty chill. Saturday, on the other hand, was quite eventful! The girls and I went to a boutique in Dallas so I could try on wedding dresses, (which was my favorite part of the trip)! The first dress I tried on was a GORGEOUS Maggie Sottero dress, but of course it was waaayy over our budget.
After dress shopping, Nathan and I drove to my grandparents, who we've spent NYE with every year since I was 8. Splitting up the trip was hard, but super fun. We had lunch with my family and then we all headed to Central Market to try some free samples. Karlie and I got the most brilliant idea and decided to share the take home size of gelato. I got tiramisu, and she got wild orange. It was to die for.



Nathan and I piled back into the jeep and head back to the hotel to get ready NYE. The girls spent 2 hours getting fabulous, while the guys watched tv. Molly told us about these fake eye lashes, so of course we had to buy them and try them, and of course they burnt the crap out of our eyes and we had to re-do our make up. It was pretty hilarious.  When we were finally ready, we all had a great, fun, crazy time together and got to dance and kiss our lovers into the new year.


We said goodbye to the clan Sunday morning and headed back to Ft. Worth to see my family again. We had our famous lamb lunch and relaxed. Everyone left that evening except my Mom, Doc, and myself. The next day my mom, Karen, and I got ready and went up to Davids Bridal to check out their gown selection. I was skeptical.

After trying on a few dresses, I was WAY impressed. I found almost the identical dress to the boutique dress, for $1000 less. It is soooo gorgeous, and exactly what I want. I can't describe it, but I can tell you it's perfect.  After I decided it was THE one, I got to ring the bell with teary eyes as my mom, Karen, and the DB staff applauded. It was a really special experience.

So, another thing checked off my to-do list and a super successful weekend in Texas!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I got to help you find THE PERFECT DRESS!!! You're going to be a BEAUTIFUL BRIDE!!!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete