background

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Save the Date; Ask the Maid.

Save the Date
So. Wedding planning has been going great so far. Our save the dates finally came in - I am SO pleased with how they turned out! My dear friend Jena Marie was so sweet to take them for us, we are so grateful! (It doesn't hurt that the people in the pictures are terribly attractive).  Here is the front:



Mushy, but totally us! :) When they came in the mail, I was slightly overwhelmed. The ginormous stack of postcards just sat on my coffee table staring at me saying, "address me, stamp me, and put me in the mail!" 



Over the weekend we were able to get 50 in the mail, but not with ease of course. I addressed my first save the date, and with a big smile on my face, I went to put the stamp on. As I brought the stamp closer to the upper right hand corner of the card, my smile quickly turned into a panicked frown. "Oh NO. You've GOT to be kidding me right now", I said to myself.  I put another picture of us as the background. What I didn't realize was that my head, (and fabulously curled hair) was going to be covered by this annoying, ugly flower and the number 29.



   I put the stamp to the left of my head, and thought, "OMG, What if this won't go through the mail? Our save the dates are RUINED!" So naturally I called every post office in the southwest. I emailed a picture of my vain situation to Mr. PostMan, and  fortunately he said they will 'probably' be okay. So I'm just waiting for them all to be thrown in the trash of the Del City mailroom.  But, if this is one of our only wedding mishaps, I think I'll survive. :)

Ask the Maid
Deciding who my bridesmaids would be was one of the hardest things I've had to do. I have so many dear, sweet friends that I love and know I would be closer to if distance wasn't an issue. After prayerful consideration, I chose my maids. I didn't want to just call them up; I wanted to do something sentimental. I got on ole faithful pinterest and found my perfect plan of action. Paper Dolls!! Here's my motivation: 



I had all the home supplies I needed except the cards, which I found at a boutique on campus corner.

  

I just loved these pink, delicate cards, and added the rhinestone for a nice touch. Inside the card was our wedding date, the paper dolls (each girl's doll on top), and a poem that said,
"As I prepare for the day that I am to be a Bride,
It would mean the world to have you standing by my side."


Here are the dolls:


The paper dresses are just like the dresses I chose for them and each doll's hair matches each girl. I got to watch each girl open theirs and it was such a blast! They all loved them and were so excited to be a bridesmaid. Here are a few pics of Jena and Molly opening theirs when we went dress shopping:




Yay! I'm so happy to celebrate my big day with these girls and I can't wait for all the fun events, showers, and memories ahead. I feel truly blessed to have 6 awesome, christian women stand beside me on my wedding day. 

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for save the dates and getting them in the mail! That's hilarious about tr stamp, they'll be fine though. No worries! :) and hooray for being a bridesmaid in a best friends wedding!!! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post office people are lame. Of course they will take it. You put a stamp on it. They need to get the heck over it. Looks like everything is going well!

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stamp story was hilarious!! I can so relate!!

    You're going to feel like you're on vacation after graduation and the wedding and you only have to go to work 5 days/40 hours a week. :)

    ReplyDelete