background

Friday, February 14, 2014

The Sun Room.

If you've been to my house, you know what room the Sun Room is. It's the gloomy drab - 70's styled room with wood panneling and acron-leaf ikea curtains. Lets not forget the red brick and tan shag carpet. Amidst its unfortunate state, I had high hopes for re-decorating this room. And my expectations have been blown away.

  But not easily, quickly, or inexpensively of course. Its taken about 4 months to get the sun room to where it is now.  And it all started with us wanting to replace the carpet.....

.....which lead to us tearing down the WALLS, and floor......

I can honestly say now that it was a blessing in disguise, but in that moment where I was standing inside my house and there was nothing between me and squirrel on my porch - I was in utter distress and shock.

Water had leaked under our sliding glass doors and rotted the beams inside our walls and floor. Bummer. Yea. So turns out ripping some old carpet up and laying down some new carpet wasn't going to be the task at hand anymore. Forunately, I'm married to a super hero macho man, and he, along with the help of his father and friends, were able to repair everything and re-build new walls for that room. Good bye, sliding glass doors. With wood trim.

Here is a progression of the pictures from before we did work, to during, and to the (almost) finished product.

Before: 







Basically just looks like crap. Everywhere. haha.  Here is the DURING process.














 Me feeling empowered haha


The FINISHED PRODUCT!!



(still looking for something matching for these two walls - open to suggestions!!) 


(I'm recovering this chair in a navy and pink fabric) 



Look at that beautiful trim work. Thank you, Thank you. 




(We still need to put trim around the windows, and I'm getting one navy and white pillow for the couches) 
















I still have a few small projects that I have to finish but for the majority of the work - WE ARE DONE! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where I got my design pieces:

Ottoman
Hand made Curtains
Round Gold Table
Gold mirrored tray
Pillows are from : amazon, h&m, target, etsy, TJ Maxx.

Thanks for viewing!! So happy to finally share it with everyone!!
XOXO
Bekah

3 comments:

  1. That sun room looks like the perfect room to just go in and relax. I think that carpet added the right amount of elegance to the space, and if you're up to it, you can soften the room up with a few pots of plants. In any case, the fireplace and exposed bricks look amazing. Thanks for sharing that! You did an amazing job in there! Kudos and all the best! :)

    Lynne Hollaran @ Suburban Glass Service, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this nice sharing. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indian Food Online - What is charming about Indian food is that you simply can make it with numerous combinations; there really may be a big variety of options.A tea belt is a condition for every Indian because it refreshes the mind like no other drinkables did. red label tea has many health benefits. Maggi ’s New Masala Oats is ‘ masaledaar ’ indeed. It ’s quite palatable and has the same magical quality as Maggi where you keep wanting to have one fresh bite. Maggi Oats has oats flour, improved wheat flour and others.

    ReplyDelete