background

Monday, September 10, 2012

Our Peaceful Bedroom

So I've heard that you're supposed to make your bedroom a safehaven. It should be the most comfortable, welcoming room in the house. That way, you want to spend lots of time in there (Nathan was excited to hear that) and always feel relaxed. Its really important to keep it tidy so it can be a place of rest and refuge.

I have accomplished that for Nathan and I. It's been awesome to see the transition of our bedroom. When we first moved in, we slept on a full sized mattress in the middle of the floor in a room with macaroni and cheese colored walls.

Here's the color of the old walls:


Thanks to Estate sells in Edmond and The Rink (the most amazing vintage market I have ever been and frequent wayyy too much) I have been able to furnish our bedroom house while spending a fraction of retail costs.

My sister in law Tiffany came over and helped me pick out a color of paint for the walls and our built-ins, and then she even helped me paint!

My favorite decorations in our bedroom would be the picture collage above our dresser. It was a hodge podge collection of frames/mirrors I've found and loved, and they all ended up looking great together!! :) I found these shutters at the rink and I think they add such a cool touch!











The east wall is all built in cabinets with a window seat (I haven't gotten my last knob yet, forgive me). These vintage lanterns finally found their perfect place right here. I love them!





As you have seen our bathroom, its tiny and has no outlets!! So Nathan suggested we get me a vanity to keep my makeup and hair stuff in.  Now I feel like a princess every morning when I get ready, AND we don't want to kill each other at the sink! Its perfect. All my hair tools are already plugged into an extension cord ready to go in the drawer.



We found our headboard at an estate sale and our friends Molly and Jude helped us move it in and put it together. This was an exciting day bc it meant we were no longer sleeping on the floor. haha. I registered for the comforter at BB&B.  I found our awesome chandelier at the rink (shocker!)


Here are our nightstands: His and Hers
                              


If you haven't been able to tell already, I love french provincial style furniture. When I saw this at the rink, I had to have it. It's an old lingerie dresser. Yes, there is lingerie in it, but that's not the only thing it has in it. :) 



Well, that is our bedroom. If you can try to envision it all together - it looks so great! We love it. I just want to hang out in there all the time! I never thought I would have a green bedroom, but I wouldn't have it any other way!! I hope you enjoy!! :) 

XOXO Mrs. Phelps




3 comments:

  1. Love how your decorating your home. It's precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Veronica! Its seriously been so much fun!! Have you had much time to put together your guys' place?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete