background

Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Dashing Diningroom

My next big project was the dining room. Talk about a total makeover. The walls in this tiny room were dark, navy blue. It has white bead board along the bottom half, so that helped brighten up the room, but it was still too dark for such a small dining room.

Step one was painting. I wanted to go with a creamy/tan/neutral. To match my place mats, duh.  Here is my lovely dining room! I LOVE it!!




Here are my place settings. :)


Here is the before, very dark and drab. I wish I had a picture of what it looked like when I had my old wood table and 2 non matching chairs! haha. 


  I literally could not have found a more perfect table. It is french provincial (my fav). I literally got it at garage sale price at The Rink!! I looks and fits perfectly. 




I found the chairs on craigslist for super cheap! They weren't the right color, so I painted them white and the look so great for the price I paid! (Obviously I would've picked french round back cushion chairs is $ wasn't an issue. ;) )



Anndd for the wal decor. I went with white and light aqua to match my dishes.





                      



There are a lot of  cut outs and built ins in our house, so decorating was kind of tricky. I feel like I did a good job finding things for these spaces.



Lastly, the curtains. They are stenciled pattern. From Target! Woo! And my settee looks great underneath!! The color looks a little off with this camera lighting. They match very well.

Ta Dah!! Hope you enjoy!!

XOXO
Mrs Phelps

3 comments:

  1. I need to get my buns to the Rink! You find awesome products there! Nice job dear! Your home is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bekah! That looks great! I LOVE all your built-ins, it makes the house look cottag-y =)!!
    -Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Veronica you DO! its the most amazing place ever! Thank you so much! I just love it! :)

    Thank you Kelsey! Yes, there are tons of built ins in our home. It does add so much character! Thank you - I love cottag-y!! :)

    ReplyDelete