background

Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Kempt Kitchen

   This post is long awaited. My kitchen is finally to a point to where I am unashamed to share it with the rest of the world. :-P It's been a long, constant changing process, but I love where it's ended (for now). And I can't wait to see how it will look in another 6 months.  Here is a preview of the finished product. 





Red is a great color for a kitchen. The red that was in our kitchen, was not. It was just way too harsh of a color for such a big room.  

BEFORE 





My sweet cousin Pam came over to help me tape everything and paint. It was a looonng project! Full day of work for sure. After about 3 hours my kindergarten bestie Rachel came to join the party and helped too! 



I went with a very light "Ice Blue" by Valspar Signiture. I brought in one of my Anthropologie oven mits to match the color to, and also to match my Kitchen Aid. 

So excited to be painting, painting, painting...


Okay.. here is the AFTER


                             







Hooray! 
I just love the way it turned out. It looks sooo much better! And it flows with the rest of the house. Fits the 1930's (the year the house was built) much better than the previous. 

Here are some Details....

  







And last but not least, the Nook




I hope you've enjoyed seeing the progress my kempt kitchen has made much as I do. And it really is the most kempt room in the house, surprisingly! There's nothing better than having a clean kitchen. :) 

XOXO
Mrs. Phelps


No comments:

Post a Comment