background

Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Sister.

I've been reminded a lot of our wedding lately. The 8th was our sixth month anniversary and my wedding was also featured in a really prestigious wedding blog! Super cool! Check it out after you read the post at The Every Last Detail - Lauren did an awesome job!!

Our wedding such so. much. fun. It really is the best day of your life. You get to celebrate with all of your friends, family, and your new family. Everyone is there for one reason - to support you in your marriage. I have been truly blessed with some awesome friends and family. I just wanted to share something about one special lady who stood beside me and celebrated with me on the best day ever.

Kathryn, aka Sister, aka MOH, aka ROCKSTAR
Kathryn was my backbone on my wedding day. I was a stress ball before the ceremony started and she kept my calm and collected and helped everything run smoothly. I literally do not know what I would've done with out her zealous attitude and eagerness to help out where was needed. The list is too long to go through everything she did for me, and I don't even know all of it either! She helped make the day be as perfect as humanly possible and helped me enjoy it to the fullest. She was an unrivaled example of what a servant should look like. And I don't mean literal servant; I'm referring to a spiritual servant, how Christ instructs us to serve one another. My heart is still heavy and humbled when I think about how much peace and confidence she helped bring me on the most important day of my life.

Kathryn and I were very close when we were little girls. I looked up to her SO MUCH (and still do of course). I remember watching her color and draw. I would just sit there and stare for hours at how talented she was and perfectly she stayed in the lines. As we got older, that progressed to how cool and popular she was at school and church. And I wanted to be cool and popular like her too. She was always a better pianist player than me - naturally! So unfair. :) But I always enjoyed watching/listening to her play and sing thinking, "Ill be that good one day" (still waiting on that one...).






Note: Yes, that's me on the right, not Harrison. The little mermaid shirt is proof. 

Then there were the up and downs of teenage years.. and she moved off to college and I was a heinous troll to everyone around me haha. But I got through it by God's saving grace and we started becoming friends again on a more mature level. I remember visiting her at OBU and I had a blast! It was so fun and I thought college was awesome and couldn't wait to get there. I even got to sit in one of her classes with her.

Fun fact: Kathryn was Miss America Riverwalk 2007!! She competed in the Miss Oklahoma pageant. So legit! Its fine, I was Miss Hay Day Queen Inola the same year! Partttyyyy.

See how pretty? Famous to all of Oklahoma. She should've won!!


Yeah... at least my entourage had crowns/hats too. Pardon the bales of hay in the background.



She came and visited me a few times when I was in college (still feels like I have to go back...) and she went to one of my Phi Lamb date parties with me. We were CLEARLY the hottest people there.


Clearly.

And then SHE got married. She looked stunning and her wedding was a blast. I had a moment on stage as the ring bearer woo! She married a legit guy too! :) Hooray Mark!





Fun fact: Our birthdays are a week apart (and 4 years). They fall on the same day every year - hers is one week after mine!



She threw me the most amazing shower... and SO many people came it was a little nerve racking haha! It was SO cute and everything was perfect. Loved it!!!! She and Tiff and my mom and Ruth and April  and Karen and Nathan's mom and sisters and (everyone sorry if I missed you) worked really hard making it such a special day. :)


 Lastly...here are some cool pics of us at my wedding. She's the best sister in the whole wide world! I'm glad I only have one (blood) sister because if I had more I would have to lie to the others about loving them the same. :)




She gave The. Most. Touching. MOH speech/toast at the wedding.  It had me in streams of tears and double over in laughter!


Our fam!







All in all I am blessed beyond measure to live the life with the people I do. Thank you for all you have done and do for me, Kathryn! I love you dearly. :) XOXO

This has been such a fun post! Hope you've enjoy reading it.

RAWR!

XOXO
Bekah Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment