background

Sunday, January 6, 2013

The small things in life.

So this post is totally random, and just for fun. But I'm inspired to post and that doesn't happen often so here it goes!

My sweet brother and sister-in-law Harry and Tiff are always helping us out. They've helped us paint our house (enough times to be part owners), helped us hang christmas lights, rearranged our rooms/given lots of decor advice, and the list goes on. One thing that's been super fun to have the Copes so close is that we share things. A LOT of things. Dogs, decorations, vehicles, food, cleaning utensils, you name it - we share it (apart from spouses).



One thing we've been permanently borrowing is their old vacuum since they have a super fancy irobot roomba. Clearly they won't be needing their manual 20 lb Eureka any longer. So we were kind enough to take it off their hands.  As I was using it last week, I noticed a piece of fuzz kept circulating around me. The vacuum was just blowing the dust behind it! Yikes!

Most of our house is hard wood floors, so I would sweep the dirt into piles and then shop-vac the mounds. This was SUPER time consuming, but effective. I would use their vacuum for the rugs and sunroom.  Once I saw that their vacuum was no longer working, I saw my golden ticket to a new machine. Sure we could probably fix it, but I am SO over the pain staking method of floor cleaning I've been doing for 6 months.

We did a little research and ended up at target to play with the models. We ended up purchasing this beauty!!


Its pretty freaking cool. The handle comes off and is the extender to clean up high/stairs/etc. Or you can use it as a gun as Nathan is doing.


Im SUPER pumped! You know you're a housewife when.......



Of course, I vacuumed the whole downstairs when we got it home. HOLY MOTHER OF DUST! It looks like we cremated a small village! GUH-ROSS! Don't judge us.



Anyway, super pumped to have the new vacuum, even if its just a small thing in life. And now we will find more things to share with Harry and Tiff. :) I'm sure they'll be borrowing our new Hoover!


XOXO
Mrs. Phelps

3 comments:

  1. haha that's awesome! Kev and I were stoked when we bought our first real vacuum so I totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what? I nominated you for the Liebster award! Check out my blog, www.pinstripedpenguin.com, for all of the details :)

    Fanny

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you four are such great friends! That makes me sooo happy!

    ReplyDelete